This uses the last version of Moriant's EQ DB, he deserves all credit for orchestrating that huge amount of work. A large number of people have donated their time as well to entering information and keeping it up to date as well.
There is still a bunch to do, clearly. If you are interested in getting involved I'm sure we can work something out. Currently, skills needed (but not required) are in normalizing databases, sql, xslt/xml, html, and php.
- At the moment, I'm allowing free-form sql queries. Don't abuse my server, please :-)
- I haven't even tried to see how all the different browsers behave. Make sure you have the latest version of your favorite and give it a try; if that fails, offer to help fix it or use what I'm using... Mozilla Firefox
- Don't expect this to be up reliably. I'm liable to take it down, add tables/columns, upgrade software, or break any piece of it at any time
- The latest backup of all the data in the database is available here; the backup (should) be from within the last day
- By request, the latest player data is also available here in a tabular format
- Publish all code, software choices, data, and design decisions. See below ;-). A start is here.
- Make things prettier, more useable. You'll note that those aren't my strong points. :-)
- Set up to enable data replication among multiple databases.
- Publish exp/pp/hp type data, allow queries against it, display graphs (soon)
- Use only free, open source software. Why pay for something that isn't needed?
- Make all code, software choices, data, design decisions, etc public so that anybody can duplicate this server if they wish. If you don't like my server, make your own. If my code sucks, say so and fix it. More here.
- Keep the software components modular enough that somebody with a specialized skill set won't have a large learning curve before being able to contribute